The Spanish National Football Team
How does the social media team behind the European national football team with the largest Twitter community stay on top of their game?
Uncover Twitter fans’ interests and behaviors to improve engagement and follower growth, identify influential followers for PR, and benchmark performance against competitor Twitter accounts.
Used SocialBro’s Twitter analytics and management tools to analyze their Twitter fans in detail, fine tune the performance of tweets, and identify influencers to engage with.
- Improved engagement with fans.
- Identified a number of celebrity supporters.
- Benchmarked performance against competitor Twitter accounts.
- Able to analyze Twitter users retweeting their most popular tweets.
About The Spanish National Football Team
Spain (@SeFutbol) are the reigning World and European champions, having won the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012. With their Euro 2008 win, they are the only national team so far with three consecutive wins.
Today, hundreds of thousands of fans follow the team’s tweets on a daily basis for the latest news and behind the scenes insights.
The Spanish National Football Team quickly gained over 600,000 followers shortly after joining Twitter in 2013. With the largest Twitter community among all the European national football teams, the social media team behind the scenes faced a number of challenges. They had limited knowledge of their followers, and as result, were unable to tailor their Twitter communication based on their fans’ interests.
With such a large community the team also struggled to identify key influencers that could be used for PR opportunities. Importantly, the team had no way of benchmarking their performance against similar Twitter accounts. As a result, they recognized a need for a more comprehensive Twitter analytics and management solution.
The Spanish National Football Team decided to use SocialBro’s Twitter analytics and management tools to help them get more out of Twitter. The tools not only enabled them to analyze their Twitter fans in detail to improve their engagement and growth rates, but also segment and find influential people to reach out to for PR opportunities.
In addition, the team used the advanced reporting tools in SocialBro to analyze the growth of their Twitter community and uncover the best time to tweet in English as well as Spanish.
- Improved communication and engagement with their fans on Twitter.
- Identified a number of influential followers which the team were able to reach out to.
- Benchmarked their Twitter performance against competitor accounts.
- Able to analyse all 20,296 Twitter users who retweeted one of their most popular tweets.
Key to their success
- Detailed Twitter analytics offering a real insight into their Twitter fanbase.
- Twitter account comparison features for performance benchmarking.
- Advanced search filters allowing the team to identify celebrity followers.
“SocialBro is one of the main tools we use to understand our audience and how influential we are in different sectors. The platform has provided essential analytics data for us in terms of campaign and Twitter activity.
In social media, numbers and results are the key and thanks to SocialBro the process of quantifying our work has become much easier.”
Ilde Cortés, Social Media Manager, Spanish National Football Team
- Twitter followers: 625,000
- Number of people in charge of social media: 3