What is a source?
Source is an important concept in SocialBro. SocialBro lets you manage, explore and analyze your Twitter accounts. However, understanding your own account and community is not enough. SocialBro lets you delve deeper by adding additional ‘sources’ for comparative analysis.
There are six types of sources:
– A Twitter Account
– A Twitter list
– A TXT file
– Email contacts
– Tweets (to find retweeters)
– A Twitter search (hashtags, keywords, URLs)
In the same way as you can with your own Twitter account, it is possible to look at these sources in closer detail.
You can add any of these sources via the Target section of your top navigation bar or your home page.
– Twitter Account: Analyze any other Twitter account, which is ideal to keep an eye on your competitors or to monitor one of your clients’ accounts.
– Twitter Search: If you want to manage and analyze all the people who are Tweeting about a hashtag or any term on Twitter, this is the perfect source. Ideal for hashtag monitoring and to find new customers.
– Twitter Lists: We can add any public list of Twitter or one of your own lists to view it’s members and stats about them.
– .txt File: With this source you can upload a .txt file and save, manage and analyze all of the users . The file format should be the following:
Email contacts: SocialBro now allows you to import your email contacts to locate their Twitter profiles. This tool massively helps you improve your relationships with these people and to find out more information about them.
Discover Retweeters: Add a Tweet as a source into SocialBro to locate the users who have retweeted a Tweet belonging to you or a third party. From here you can follow and engage with the users who are interested in your business or a business similar to your own etc.
– Search All Twitter* : Our Discover Twitter users tool allows you to search and filter a database of more than 284 million active Twitter users. This is ideal for locating potential customers, businesses to collaborate with, people to promote your work etc.
To access this tool select ‘Discover new Twitter users‘ from the Target section of your top navigation bar.
Click the button on the left of your screen to open up the advanced filters.
You can then use the filters to search for users relevant to your business e.g:
When the results are returned, you can then follow users, add some to a list, tweet them etc.
Your ability to add more sources to analyze will depend on the size of your plan and how many social contacts the source has.
Social contacts in SocialBro are your followers plus the people you are following plus the followers and following of the accounts you have added as a source, plus the members of lists/ text files etc you have added as sources.
To see how many social contacts you have left and an explanation of how you have distributed your allowance so far, please see the sources breakdown on your home page.
You can remove sources at any time (to free up space) via your home page.