Extra 01. Starting with SocialBro interface
SocialBro navigation is divided into five areas:
- Top Navigation Bar (Orange)
- The breadcrumb (Red)
- Left Navigation Bar (Green)
- Bottom Navigation Bar (Purple)
- Community or Work Area (Blue)
Top Navigation Bar
The top menu has the following elements (from left to right):
- Home: This button takes you back to your SocialBro home page where you can switch between accounts and sources.
- Search: This button acts as a shortcut to our “Discover Twitter users” tool. From here you can search within the whole of Twitter for users to follow, add to a list, engage with etc.
- Reports: From here you can create reports about your community e.g. a weekly report about your followers.
- Analytics: This drop down menu will take you to any of our Analytics related tools such as the Best time to tweet report (see below).
- Engagement:This drop down menu will take you to any of our Engagement related tools such as Direct Message campaign (see below).
- Target: This drop down menu takes you to the SocialBro tools which are designed to help you target Twitter users e.g. adding sources into SocialBro.
- Tweets editor: Clicking on this will make a dialogue box appear (below the top navigation bar) where tweets can be written. Use the the “@” symbol to allow SocialBro to auto-complete the Twitter user.
- Help: Need help using SocialBro? Click the help icon to link to our user guide, support team and more.
- Missions: Not sure where to start with SocialBro? Our missions are designed to walk you through our main tools and features with the objective of helping you reach your Twitter goals.
- Notifications: This button shows you a list of your notifications such as when a source is synchronised or a report has been generated.
- Spread the love of SocialBro: You can now earn more social contacts by spreading the word about SocialBro! Click here for more information or click on the purple heart to get started.
- Accounts Menu: The accounts menu takes you to your settings and allows you to manage your collaborators. From your settings you can manage your notifications and general settings such as language and page view. If you need to make any changes to your account or SocialBro plan, you can do so via “my account” and “payment plan”. Click on services to connect 3rd party apps to SocialBro such as Salesforce and Bit.ly.
- Manage Your collaborators: Using the “collaborators” tool, you can control who in your organization has access to the accounts you have added and what actions they can perform with them e.g. read only, edit etc. This makes managing your Twitter accounts easier whilst allowing you to maintain control. This tool is also useful for enabling clients to access their own accounts but not others.
- Support: A Link to a form where you can contact SocialBro.
- Log Out.