‘Tweet Analytics’: How to measure the impact of your content
Tweet Analytics enables you to measure and improve the effectiveness of all your Tweets, by showing you how a Tweet has performed in terms of retweets, favorites, and replies – as well as your potential audience and how successful your Tweet.
Tweet Analytics is a real-time feature and does not depend on your account being synched. To use, select the tool from the Analytics section of your top navigation bar.
Choose whether you want to view all Tweets, Tweets, or just replies (Tweets @-ing another user) from the top right of your screen.
Select the time span you wish to view information about using the calendar at the top right, e.g. the last 7 days, last month, etc.
The first chart presents each Tweet as a circle. You can select what you want to see displayed on the Y axis out of favorites, replies and retweets. Let’s say for example we have selected ‘favorites':
- The higher up the circle is, the more favourites the Tweet received.
- The bigger the circle is the more replies the Tweet received.
- The colour of the circle shows how many retweets the Tweet received.
The table below this is titled
In the next table you are presented with social media metrics which give you an idea of how you are performing in Twitter as well as helping you form and achieve your SMART objectives.
- Amplification Rate: This is the number of retweets you have received per Tweet and is calculated: Retweets divided by (Tweets+Mentions). The Amplification Rate measures how much your audience values your content enough to share it with their own Twitter communities.
- Conversion Rate: This is the number of mentions you have received per Tweet and is calculated: Mentions received divided by (Tweets+Mentions). The Conversion Rate checks that you are understanding who your audience is and as a result are posting appropriate content which results in conversations.
- Applause Rate: This is the number of favorites you have received per Tweet and is calculated: Favorites divided by (Tweets+Mentions). The Applause rate is a measure of how valuable your community finds your Tweets and as a result favorites the Tweet.
- Lists: are the number of lists you have been added to within your chosen time period.
- Clicks are the number of clicks your Bitly links have received. To use this function you have to of connected your Bitly account to your SocialBro account and you can do this by selecting Settings from the accounts menu on the top right of your screen, and click on the box next to Bitly pictured below.
Next you have the ‘My Actions’ table, which shows you how many Tweets you have sent, how many Tweets you have retweeted or favorited, and how many mentions you’ve given or received.
You can have all your Tweets for your chosen time period displayed in list view to see the number of retweets, replies and favorites they received. You can also see the Tweet’s potential audience, which is calculated based on the number of followers the users who retweeted you have, plus your own.
Click on retweets, replies, or favorites to see the users who engaged with your Tweet.
From here you can directly reply to them, retweet or favorite their Tweets. Click on the user’s Twitter handle the view information about them, follow them, add them to a list, etc.
You can also reply to multiple users at once e.g. if you want to thank everyone who retweeted you in one Tweet. Select retweet to see all users, then click the green arrow next to the profiles who you wish to mention. Write your Tweet as normal and click send.
Go to the next section – How to add tags and notes